Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Threezero's Honor of Kings 王者荣耀 1/12 Action FIgures - Zhang Fei 張飛, Zhao Yun 趙雲 and Guan Yu 關羽 ... ...

王者荣耀 (Wang Zhe Rong Yao) is a multiplayer online battle arena developed by TiMi Studios and published by Tencent Games for the iOS and Android mobile platforms, exclusively for the Chinese market. I don't play the game but am intrigue by the characters in the original 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms, 三國演義' literature. My favorite character is Guan Yu and Zhao Yun which I have 1/6 scale of both figures.

Today, we look at game versions of the characters.



Let's start with my very first Zhang Fei 張飛, figure and for the uninitiated, this is the most handsome and toned looking Zhang Fei. The original character looks less refined than this one here and his predominant color scheme is green. I wouldn't have gotten this if it's modeled after the original version.





It's rare to see a warranty card for a toy and in fact, these from Threezero's has a limited warranty of one year! Amazing!




The 'fur' is great on effect but bad for humid country like Singapore. It's already deteriorating with bits of it flying off every time I brushed them away from Zhang Fei's face.



Now I know how the warranty comes useful and I already encountered a problem with the wires sticking out. Will I claim my warranty and go through the hassle? I think getting the glue is a faster alternative.



Done! Looks all right to me.





As in the game, Zhang Fei has a shield-like weapon that hovers behind him with two dragon heads on both sides. I don't play the game so I don't exactly know the real purpose of this thingy.









A closer look at the floating shield.




Next is Zhao Yun 趙雲 and it is quite the same as the original character.




















Lastly is Guan Yu 關羽 and I think this character has been kept to as original as possible and still my favorite.




Guan Yu's figure has to be the most authoritative with warrior-like features; thick brows and huge beard. The attention to details of his costume is also exceptional.


















Reliving a fight scene where Guan Yu and Zhao Yun paired up.













Zhang Fei joins in the battle.





On the left side of each figure's box has a four word phrase describing the character. It is rather challenging to translate them as they are not idioms nor are they Chinese sayings. Simply explained:

- Zhang Fei (red) - Insane beast with forbidden blood
- Zhao Yun (blue) - Soaring dragon in desolate sky
- Guan Yu (green) - Lone rider with strengths of millenary




There is also Liu Bei and Zu Ge Liang which I can't quite appreciate. Probably it's the lack of the spears as you can see the Spear brothers above.

No comments: