Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Gundam Universe RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee ... ...

It's been a while since I purchased action figure types toys and I gave Bandai's new line, Gundam Universe a try. This line focused on popular Gundams and the Banshee is one such figure missing from my Unicorn collection.

The Banshee is a mobile suit that appears in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. It is built alongside the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, under the Earth Federation's UC Project.






Both the Armed Armor Beam Smart Gun (right arm) and Vibration Nails (left arm) cannot be removed or retracted. Well, couldn't ask for too much for a toy of this price point.







Articulation is generous on this fella and it would work well with any Bandai display stand with the adapter provided (not used in this entry).












Alert! The peg to hold the beam sable's hilt is a tad too thick for the hole in the hilt. I had a bad feeling while inserting it but pushed in as deep as possible regardless. The outcome is a broken peg when I pulled the hilt out of the peg.


No problem to that as I used my usual repair method to rectify the issue. Heat up needle on an open flame and then pierce it through into the severed peg. Remove the needle and applied glue to the needle and plug it back it. Pulled out the needle once the glue cured.


Next is to connect the severed peg back to the backpack. Method is relatively similar to removing the stuck peg.


File down the cut portion and then create a hole. Cut the needle that was used earlier to pull the peg out and apply glue to its end. Push the needle into the hole on the backpack.



Not perfect but it will do as long as I can insert the hilt in and continue with the photo shoot.



The instruction manual should inform about the peg being delicate too. On the contrary the fin on the head is much sturdier.








I should have added both the beams into the hilt above to display the Beam Tonfa.












This is quite a nice display piece and if I hadn't have so many Gundams already, I may collect the whole series.

No comments: