Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2020

Jet Set Go... ...

It's been close to a year since my last post and I have been really caught up with work again until recently. Was out and about before the commencement of the Circuit Breaker and I'm glad I managed to pick up these 2 jet related items.


Above, the Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss aka Nitro Zeus and below Jet Trooper from The Last Jedi from Hasbro.
 



This is Hasbro's new toy line: Galaxy of Adventures. Surprisingly the figure has more articulation than its 3.75" counterpart. This 5" figure is slightly larger and it's meant to be more cartoonish-like based on the new cartoon targeted for kids.
 

Since this is for kids, the need for a playable gimmick is needed as seen above.




Figure comes with just a blaster but the mould and paint job is really decent enough for a kid's first stormtrooper toy.







Articulation is fantastic and the quick draw mechanism could be easily countered with some force, no pun intended.








There is the Sith version as well but I also bought the 3.75" vintage collection on the same day. However, that shall stay in the card.


Next up is the Studio Series KSI Boss. This would be my first piece and I got it because of the huge discount.






Within the packaging is this display stand which is a nice touch. My son has the Nitro Zeus while I like this metallic paint finish.




To me, it reminds me of War Machine. Articulation wise is pretty decent and nice poses could be achieved.










The alter mode is a jet which I am finding hard to identify what is it referenced to. With the turbines under the wing, it suggest vertical takeoff and landing capability so I would guess the Harrier but it's too ancient for a recent movie like The Last Knight. Anyway, the jet in the movie looks nothing like these below.






Cockpit can fit a figure and that's a nice touch to something this size.



Below, just some alternative looks the figure can offer with some imaginations.




No comments: