Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Matrix Revolutions ... ...

I have this set of Hacker World Set from CM Toys aka The Matrix Revolutions for sometime and I put them together in a hurry when I shifted to my current address.

Since toy companies these days seem to be churning out toys for fanboys, I figured I play with a bit of the nostalgic feel into this entry as essentially the first of the Matrix trilogy, The Matrix, was screened in 1999.


I have to say the Matrix trilogy is in my list of top movies amongst Star Wars and Back to the Future. Bullet time is one of those wow factors back then along with that incredible freeway chase scene in The Matrix Reloaded which sealed the deal for me.
The set comes with the heads of Agent Smith and Neo with the Chair (Seen in scene which Morpheus offered Neo the chance to know what the matrix is), coffee table and telephone. I've used Hot Toys's narrow shoulder Truetype body on both Smith and Neo.


Agent Smith is well made with the uncanny resemblance of Hugo Weaving. The set comes with
- Sculpted Head
- Sunglasses
- Shirt
- Tie
- Tie clip
- Suit
- Trousers
- Belt
- Shoulder holster
- Pistol
- Shoes
- Hand x5








Attempting the dodging bullets pose



Checkout the details on the face.



Next, we have Neo played by Keanu Reeves and this isn't quite Keanu like but with the glasses on; yup!


He comes with
- Sculpted Head
- Sunglasses
- Long coat
- Long-sleeved t-shirt
- Trousers
- Belt
- Boots
- Hands x5















Not quite the stylo-mylo dodging bullet pose I was hoping to achieve...

 Face off!



2 comments:

deSMOnd said...

Overall, they are good :)

Jonloh said...

Yes Desmond. I really like them. Don't recall Hot Toys making them. I used have Kotobukiya versions of Neo (The Matrix) and Trinity which I picked up from the earlier Taka Craziest Toys Sale. I sold them off to save space and still have Morpheus as no one wants him...