Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hot Toys Captain America S.T.R.I.K.E. Suit ... ...

Follow up from the earlier post of Hot Toys Steve Rogers is the S.T.R.I.K.E. Suit from the movie The Winter Soldier.


This suit was featured only in the first portion of the movie when S.H.I.E.L.D was still functioning before being clamped down due to Hydra infiltration and Cap here being deemed as a traitor.

So, this suit is kind of obsolete the before the movie ended and perhaps make it 'limited edition'?



I do find this one of the best suits of Captain America as I wasn't a Captain America fan to begin with and the earlier comic version with the blue, white and red scaly designs did not quite do it for me.


Some nice details of the America Flag and Cap's first name 'Rogers' on the left shoulder while the S.H.I.E.L.D logo is on the right.



Closer look at the back and the boots and the boots deserve a mention as Hot Toys cleverly segmented the shoe and the shin to allow better movement.






The poseability is rather limited as the suit is really very very stiff and you can forget about elaborate arm movement. However, leg movement is rather flexible.





Appreciate little details like the ends of the hair sticking out of the helmet seen above.




Shield attachment is very much like the The First Avenger and Cap from The Avengers.




The 2 in 1 set allows you to create the unmasked look which Cap is fond of doing; removing his mask.




The set comes with the 'magnetic' cuff that the S.H.I.E.L.D agents tried to restrain Cap in during the lift fight scene.





Of course, Cap escaped leaving the cuff behind; at least here the cuff was left behind.



Height comparison and you noticed that Cap grew taller once suited up.




Posing as mentioned is limited but Cap does not actually do too much except throwing and catching his shield until Bucky took it.






Amongst the many hands, a pair of shield holding hands are provided but they fail to do what they meant to do and my shield dropped a couple of times and thank goodness they are made of Vibranium.



This is definitely my last Captain America figure from Hot Toys and no, I'm not on strings anymore to get the Age of Ultron Captain although there is an improvement made to the shield. See here for details.

2 comments:

deSMOnd said...

Bro, last CA figure for me too.

Jonloh said...

I almost clicked on pre-order for the AOU CA. Must resist the temptation.