Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

August Random Purchase ... ...

I was just saying in the earlier Ghostbusters post that I kind of want to stop buying bootleg lego but Sheng Yuan Toys simply wouldn't give up making good stuff!


Next up is World Box AT-002, 1/6 Durable Body 2.0 with Head Sculpt (Guy Pearce). This is my second purchase of World Box durable body offering. The first is AT-001.


Let's take at look at them.

Starting with Sheng Yuan Toy's Avengers Assemble Series.


I was going about my regular Saturday Bak Chor Mee purchase when I saw these at the provision shop where I got my other Sheng Yuan purchases, see here and here.




This set features the Avengers in somewhat mixed versions between movie and comic book. However, I'm really surprised that they really made Hulk the way Lego did.







I like the details they gave Nick Fury with his coat and Black Widow with her hair.





The details on Captain America and Thor are superb!





Let's not forget how well Hawkeye is done too.




Avengers Assemble!!

Where's Iron Man? Well, I had too many Iron Man so skipping him for this purchase.

Next up is AT-002 from World Box and this guy is again naked with too much details.



They are really proud of their product with a lot of bells and whistle about it.



Take note that 3rd core technology doesn't apply as the figure isn't sturdy at all and the ankle joint is horrible. The worst part is that it's not removable unless excessive force is applied and I'm not about to find that out. I shall leave it as it is.


By the way, the head of Guy Pearce doesn't have the recency effect as Aldrich Killian without the dragons tattoo on the chest.


World box claims the figure is painted head to toe and you can really see hairs on the leg.



The ball joint may seem oversize but it fits regular shoes pretty well and no, the figure isn't "fall proof" even with shoes.


Since I can't use the body as Aldrich Killian, my favorite model, Jason, will take the body while his body will be given to Guy.


Aldrich below before Extremis reconfigured his body.


2 comments:

deSMOnd said...

Bro, is the body joints tight??

Jonloh said...

Des, as Goldmember says it "May I present to you, the very sexual, the very toite ... ..."

However, the ankle joints is horrible but definitely better than Sideshow's Prometheus Body.