Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2019

Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War Thor ... ...

Thor has been around for some time but I have not bought a single Thor figure until now. If you have been following my blog, I need not say what had me sold.



I particularly like this Thor after his makeover in Thor: Renagrok. The figure in the pack is after Thor and Rocket together of Groot forged the Stormbreaker with the help of Eitri on Uru. Thor's right eye is a prosthetic eye given by Rocket.



Interestingly the cape provided doesn't have wire for dynamic poses.



There are 2 eye patches but I do not know why so. Furthermore, the eye patches are attracted to the face with the use of magnet and getting into position can be tricky. As seen in the pictures, getting it to totally cover the eye and the brow is challenging.




The arms could be interchanged for the before Uru look where Thor was defeated by Thanos.









Frankly, I prefer the Mjolnir over the Stormbreaker, especially when the handle of the Stormbreaker is a part of Groot. Not that I dislike Groot but it could have been a more elegant weapon.


There's a leaf at the bottom of the handle which I wonder if this is movie accurate.




The best part is the lightning effect and with the accessories included makes this a very nice display piece.





2 comments:

deSMOnd said...

A great looking figure with seamless arms. Nice face sculpt as well with light up chest armor.

Jonloh said...

Yes! It's my first Thor and I'm glad I've waited for the right Thor in my life.